In this talk, I would like to discuss about one of the Major Migrations that ever happened from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
This is for one of the largest trading companies in the world. It is a migration that involved over 2000 complex Functions/Procedures and around 300 complex views.
I would also discuss the methods used to migrate 1.5 TB of Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL within 4 hours of downtime.
Target Audience :
DBA’s and Developers from Companies looking to Migrate their Larger Oracle Databases to PostgreSQL.
Topic Summary :
– Choosing PostgreSQL Server Configuration.
– Methods to migrate Oracle Schemas to PostgreSQL using custom tools.
– Best Practices used while migrating Oracle Functions to PostgreSQL.
– Optimizing views which are based on several internal function calls.
– Tools used to verify Data mismatch between Source and Target after Migration.
– Tools and best practices while migrating data from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
– Custom Tools used to test the Performance after Migration.